Extinguishers / ELights
In nearly 95 percent of reported fires, a portable fire extinguisher is all that’s needed to extinguish the fire. Yet, a fire protection industry study has found that 30 percent of extinguishers in the workplace have deficiencies that may render them useless.
Empire Fire Protection Services has both walk-in service or will come to you to perform inspections in accordance with manufacturer guidelines, NFPA Standard 10, and the local Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
Walk-in service is available Monday through Friday 9 am-3 pm at 75 Bermar Park – Suite 3, Rochester, NY 14624.
Annual inspections include:
- Visual inspection
- Verify current hydro-static and 6-year maintenance dates
- Inspect pressure gauge
- Inspect shell, valve, and discharge hose for damage/corrosion
- Inspect carry handle and push lever for functionality
- Perform continuity testing where required
- Install new tamper seal
- Clean shell and install certification tag
- On-site recharging as necessary
- Ensure extinguishers are of the proper type for hazards present
Emergency and exit lighting is crucial for frenzied building occupants exiting during an emergency. If the lighting is not properly maintained, a power failure can be dangerous to both your employees and property.
Empire Fire Protection Services will perform inspections in accordance with NFPA 101 Life Safety Code and OSHA 29, as well as the local AHJ.
- Ensure position of emergency light equipment is correct
- Inspect exterior housing for damage
- Verify units illuminate by performing 30-second functional test
- Confirm lamps are lit and properly aimed on path of egress
90-minute Load Test
- Perform thorough exterior examination
- Operational test of batteries and bulbs for required 90 minutes
- Inspect condition, voltage and manufacture date of batteries
- Verify charging unit is operational and functioning
- Install compliance certification